2TB Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 SATA 3.5" Hard Disk
2TB BARRACUDA INTERNAL HARD DRIVE
7200RPM 256MB CACHE (ST2000DM008)
Seagate is a real industry giant in the hard drive market, where you can barely get past if you want to build a high-memory PC system. The range of models covers all segments - from small (2.5 inches) to large (3.5 inches), from green IT (at lower speeds) to high-speed (at 7,200 rpm), from home users to professional environment.
The Seagate BarraCuda Compute HDD at a glance:
- 2 TB capacity
- The Seagate BarraCuda Compute HDD is fast, reliable and versatile
- 3.5-inch format with multi-tier caching technology
- 220 MB/s continuous data transfer rate & 256 MB cache
- Ideal as desktop & all-in-one storage, as well as home servers and DAS devices
Reliable data storage with incredible versatility
Seagate presents the BarraCuda, an extremely versatile and reliable HDD storage device that provides ample space for all types of files. Ideally, the disk can be used as a desktop or all-in-one storage or used in home servers or DAS devices.
The data transfer rate of this 2 TB version of the BarraCudais continuously at 220 MB/s, whereby the outer diameter also significantly higher values are possible. Even the fastest drives have problems with them. However, the BarraCuda achieves this dream value with a speed of 7,200 rpm. The cache is also very large with 256 megabytes.
With 220 MB/s, the limit of the SATA 2 port is no longer far away, but the SATA 6G built-in here not only has the advantage of higher bandwidth. The protocol has also been significantly streamlined, for example, to increase energy efficiency and to optimize the transmission of multiple simultaneous high-bandwidth data streams.
TheBarraCuda is very economical, quiet and at the same time extremely fast, also in comparison with many HDDs of other manufacturers.
- Dimensions: 101.85 x 20.2 x 146.99 mm (WxHxD)
- Format: 3.5 inches
- Weight: 490 g
- Capacity: 2 TB
- Speed: 7,200 RPM
- Cache: 256 MB
- Data transfer rate (OD): max. 220 MB / s
- Connection: SATA 6G
- Power consumption (no-load / average): 3.9 / 5.1 W
- Starting current: max. 2 A
- Operating temperature: 0 - 60 ° C